Hello all! It’s been so crazy around here recently. It’s the last week before Thanksgiving break and things could not be more chaotic. So, to start off this week I’m going to post a few quotes I like as a reminder to stay positive and focused, and to face every challenge with strength and passion.
“Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.” -Vince Lombardi
“Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” -Henry Ford
“When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.” -Thomas Jefferson
“Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” -Joshua J. Marine
“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” -Arthur Ashe
Smile. Be brave. Pray. Believe.
Tell me, what are your favorite quotes or pieces of advice?
Work hard and enjoy your week!
Yesterday we had our first snowfall of the season! Isn’t it so pretty?! I’m completely not ready to give up fall quite yet, but there’s just something special about the first snowfall that is so serene. I love that the fall colors are still visible through the snow and the warmth it seems to add to the atmosphere.
Enjoy your day!
What am I loving right now? HATS. Just because the air is cool and summer sun hats are out of season, doesn’t mean you can’t rock a fabulous hat through the fall and winter months!
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9
1. Let me introduce to you the hat that inspired this post. A lovely eggplant color, wide-brim, wool, floppy hat from rag & bone.
2. Could this Etsy find be any more adorably perfect for fun fall weekend activities?
3. Completely dig the look of this embroidered 5-panel hat from Urban Outfitters.
4. Love, love, love everything about this chunky knit beanie from Wool and the Gang.
5. This wide-brim rancher style hat from H&M just had such a cool vibe I had to add it to the list. Plus the color is so pretty!
6. I admit, this velvet twist cloche from Anthropologie is not my style at all but if you can pull off this look… DO IT. Please.
7. How cool is this Eric Javits fedora from Nordstrom? It comes in black and peanut colors, too!
8. Anthropologie, you’ve done it again. This beyond perfect floppy hat would complete any fall outfit.
9. Wouldn’t you want to keep your ears warm in this classic everyday beanie from Target?
Don’t think you can pull off the hat look? I assure you, you can. It might be daunting but you just have to find the right style for you. Trial and error. Take a friend that will give you an honest opinion. (chances are it probably looks better than you think) Hats are fun and you can find one to accompany virtually any outfit. Branch out and find what hats work for you this season!
Thank you to all the brave men and women who serve our country! In the past, present, and future. We honor you on this Veterans Day, and every day.
Last week marked the 66th annual Mountaineer Week (AKA my dad’s favorite week of the year). What on earth does that mean? Basically, it’s a unique week-long celebration of Appalachian culture. The intent is to educate the WVU students and surrounding communities about the traditions that make West Virginia what it is today.
Events lasted all week long including:
The Mountaineer Week Craft Fair (so many talented vendors, but my favorites were definitely the hand-crafted jewelers!)
Mountain Music Concert featuring “the instruments and sounds of Appalachia”
the infamous PRT Cram (yes, I did cram myself into that PRT)
The Festival of Ideas Speaker Event Series
Beard Shaving Contest (hosted by none other than the Mountaineer himself, Jon Kimble)
Mountaineer Week Football Game
This list goes on. So, I’ll stop and just give you the link to go see what else Mountaineer Week has in store! It’s truly a unique experience and an amazing feeling to be part of something like this.
Oh yeah, and how could I forget to mention a whole week of this parked in the center of campus…
Kettle corn, deep-fried Oreos, funnel cake, and fresh-squeezed lemonade. Try walking past that every day and not give in… it’s nearly impossible.
So many good vibes this week! Everyone always says it’s the little things that count. It’s true. A lot of little things made my week, here they are:
1. My friend, Adrianne, found out this week that two of her dogs back home gave birth to two huge litters this week. 30 pups! Let me repeat, 30 pups. My heart melted when I heard this. I can’t wait to go home with her in a few weeks to visit these ADORABLE little blue tick babes. Can you say puppy play date?!
2. CANDLES! You might remember my autumn scents post from a few weeks ago. If you do, you know a little bit about my obsession with candles. With that said, it should be a surprise to hear my excitement that I found these amazing fall candles on sale for $1.50 each… duh I had to get all three. The pumpkin spice and apple pie are definitely my favorite but the fall festival scent was surprisingly delightful as well. I’ve lit them every night this week and they’re the best $4.50 I’ve spent in a long time.
3. After four years of calling myself a mountaineer I finally participated in the Mountaineer Week PRT Cram. I’m sure most of you have no idea what this means, or what a PRT is. Long story short, it’s a little rail car that carries students and faculty between the WVU campuses. During the PRT cram students have 3 minutes to cram as many people into one car as they can. I finally broke down and participated… I think I can truly call myself a mountaineer now. (More to come on Mountaineer Week and the PRT cram soon!)
4. I finally got rid of my ratty old back pack and swapped in my new one I bought months ago and just haven’t used yet. Total impulse buy at the time. But hey, it was on sale… like $5 on sale… and I have a weakness when it comes to bags. It’s really not an excuse but I couldn’t help myself!
5. Morgantown weather is SO unpredictable. It might be thunder storming and 40 degrees in the morning and by lunch time it’s clear skies and 70 degrees. Literally, you never know what you’re going to get. Quite frankly, I’ve learned to glance at the weather app but not really trust it. So when I saw 70 and sunny in the forecast for Wednesday I didn’t believe it for a second… and then it actually happened and it was marvelous.
What made your week?
Here’s to hoping your weekend is filled with lots of little memories!
It’s almost the weekend! Here are a few picture quotes to get you through the next 24 hours or so…
…because good vibes are EVERYTHING.
…is there anything else we need?
…well this explains a lot.
…and never forget.
And I leave you with this…
Peace, my friends. You’re almost there!