So many good vibes this week! Everyone always says it’s the little things that count. It’s true. A lot of little things made my week, here they are:
1. My friend, Adrianne, found out this week that two of her dogs back home gave birth to two huge litters this week. 30 pups! Let me repeat, 30 pups. My heart melted when I heard this. I can’t wait to go home with her in a few weeks to visit these ADORABLE little blue tick babes. Can you say puppy play date?!
2. CANDLES! You might remember my autumn scents post from a few weeks ago. If you do, you know a little bit about my obsession with candles. With that said, it should be a surprise to hear my excitement that I found these amazing fall candles on sale for $1.50 each… duh I had to get all three. The pumpkin spice and apple pie are definitely my favorite but the fall festival scent was surprisingly delightful as well. I’ve lit them every night this week and they’re the best $4.50 I’ve spent in a long time.
3. After four years of calling myself a mountaineer I finally participated in the Mountaineer Week PRT Cram. I’m sure most of you have no idea what this means, or what a PRT is. Long story short, it’s a little rail car that carries students and faculty between the WVU campuses. During the PRT cram students have 3 minutes to cram as many people into one car as they can. I finally broke down and participated… I think I can truly call myself a mountaineer now. (More to come on Mountaineer Week and the PRT cram soon!)
4. I finally got rid of my ratty old back pack and swapped in my new one I bought months ago and just haven’t used yet. Total impulse buy at the time. But hey, it was on sale… like $5 on sale… and I have a weakness when it comes to bags. It’s really not an excuse but I couldn’t help myself!
5. Morgantown weather is SO unpredictable. It might be thunder storming and 40 degrees in the morning and by lunch time it’s clear skies and 70 degrees. Literally, you never know what you’re going to get. Quite frankly, I’ve learned to glance at the weather app but not really trust it. So when I saw 70 and sunny in the forecast for Wednesday I didn’t believe it for a second… and then it actually happened and it was marvelous.
What made your week?
Here’s to hoping your weekend is filled with lots of little memories!