Christmas movies are THE BEST. If you haven’t already watched at least half of these yet… clear your schedule, grab a blanket, popcorn and your favorite winter drink, and pop in the movies. This list was incredibly hard to narrow down to just ten but it has been done and here it is…
10. The Year Without a Santa Claus – Hello?! The Heat Miser and Snow Miser character conflict is genius.
9. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer – Obviously a classic cartoon must watch. Story time: We always like to poke fun at my aunt because she thought Rudolph said “It’s not very giveable” when he’s talking about his new nose that covers his red one. In case there are any of you out there that don’t know… he says “It’s not very comfortable.”
8. Miracle on 34th Street – Again. Classic. Love it.
7. How the Grinch Stole Christmas – The cartoon, not the Jim Carrey version. I do love the new one but the cartoon is so sweet.
6. The Polar Express – This was always a favorite Christmas book and when they made the movie…pure joy.
5. Home Alone – Just the fact that Kevin was able to scare/fight off two creepy men is awesome, then I think about all the tricks he used and it’s all genius. It makes me wish I was clever enough to pull all that off.
4. A Christmas Story – The 24 hour marathon of this movie alone puts it on the top of the list. Plus, life lessons were learned: NEVER stick your tongue on a freezing pole.
3. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – If there was ever a movie that perfectly captured the crazy holiday family reunion, this is it.
2. Elf – “Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite color?” Buddy is, maybe, one of the best characters to ever be created. I admit to watching this movie multiple times over the Christmas season.
1. It’s a Wonderful Life – Doesn’t the title say it all?
What are your favorite Christmas movies?!